'Pathunku Kuzhiyil Pirantha Kuzhanthai’ (poems of deebachelvan) poem book was released on 12 of January 2009 by kalachuvadu in Chennai book fair. # four poems are Translated on deebam english site. # "The war begins from the Childen’s dreams" poem was Translated in some days ago on deebam english site.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

YET AGAIN I HAVE LOST SEVERAL THINGS…

A Poem by Deebachelvan
Tranaslation of Deebachelvan’s poem in Tamil titled
MEELAVUM SILA PORUTKALAITH THAVARA VITTURIKKIREN
(மீளவும் சில பொருட்களைத் தவற விட்டிருக்கிறேன்)
Translated into Tamil by Latha Ramakrishnan


-----------------------------------------------------
I keep my things in a state of readiness
to carry them along at a given notice.
But, we were called at an unexpected late hour.
Indescribable illumination and joy
were standing tall in front
fading everything else.
The loudspeaker attached to the bus
which carried us along
announced that we were being taken
to our own household.
I saw the unbearable sight of
the land turned to ruins.

Last week, that too
on an evening
Nithilekha and her child
were taken in a wagon
for re-settlement.
All that she was to leave behind
she gave to me
I had to part with her dear child
which was so attached to me.

She had become accustomed
to forget her memories and to
bear anything.
She has forgotten the shock of
the way her husband had fallen a prey
to a shell en route.
She speaks everything to her child.
As she was confined on the
other half of my tent
I felt some relief.
That we could forget all memories
related to the War,
so she would always say.
That which I am unable to carry
I leave behind.

That we are still moving from
place to place
let not anyone disclose.
I keep my things in a state of readiness
to carry them along at a given notice.
We happen to migrate gladly
and sometimes come back with sorrow.
While returning, observing all routes
I am wandering
in places which could not be seen.
On the way I have lost several things.
The tent that had been uprooted
they had once again fixed.

Nithilekha is now detained in her School.
She would go to her ‘Kaani’
and return.
How nice are the dreams of homecoming-
we do know.
Nithilekha has talked a lot
about that with me.
This tent too, inclining,
sleeps with me.

These days I keep
telling tales of Land
that stands
all alone
where none remains.
Again they are distributing things free.

Yet, everything is in a state of readiness
to carry along at any given notice.

How many a longing and
anguish we have stuffed inside
our bag and baggage…
They untie the loudspeaker
and allow its
heat to subside.
------------------------------------
(30.10.2009)

No comments: